Thursday, December 20, 2018

Last Christmas in Paris: A Novel of World War I by Hazel Gaynor

Last Christmas in Paris: A Novel of World War ILast Christmas in Paris: A Novel of World War I by Hazel Gaynor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this lovely book. The story is told primarily through letters that Evie sends to her brother Will and his best friend Thomas during The Great War. These letters start more formally, with every hope for a quick victory so the soldiers can soon return home, but as the war drags on, the letters become an important connection between the war front and the home front. As the letters progress it is clear that Evie and Thomas have strong feelings for each other, but the struggles of war are ever present. Through the letters we get to know each character and feel their pain of loss, their love of literature, and the unique positions they are each in as they endure this war to end all wars. I highly recommend this book for anyone who loves historical fiction.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment