Saturday, December 15, 2018

Greece - Culture Smart!: The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture by Constantine Buhayer

Greece - Culture Smart!: The Essential Guide to Customs & CultureGreece - Culture Smart!: The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture by Constantine Buhayer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I picked out this book thinking that it was a simple guide for tourists, but it is actually a deeper look into the culture, history and customs of Greece and the Greek people. Although the information is interesting and even helpful at times, the author presents much of the information as absolute fact, when it is actually more opinion-based (which is something the author says is quite common in Greece). Despite not having the usually tourist info I was hoping for, I did enjoy hearing more about the personality of everyday Greeks and the author's suggestions for successfully navigating the social and cultural aspects of this wonderful country.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment