Saturday, April 9, 2016

Paper in the Wind: Peeling back the lifespan of autism in the wake of tragedy by Olivia Mason-Charles

Paper in the Wind: Peeling back the lifespan of autism in the wake of tragedyPaper in the Wind: Peeling back the lifespan of autism in the wake of tragedy by Olivia Mason-Charles
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I downloaded Paper in the Wind to my kindle and read it quickly, but I found the writing to be awkward at times, and the characters are stereotypical. Written in a format that suggests it is a true story, this book describes a single father raising a young daughter with autism. The story covers the struggles that he and his daughter face dealing with her autism, but I felt the story over simplifies many of the issues that families face when dealing with the reality of autism spectrum disorders.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment