Monday, October 12, 2015

Payback and a Bottle of Merlot by Bria Marche

Payback and a Bottle of MerlotPayback and a Bottle of Merlot by Bria Marche
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this goofy little story, the main character Mia is unhappy in an unfulfilling marriage when she discovers her husband's infidelity and decides to not just leave him, but publicly humiliate him as well. Her plan leads hers to discover even more lies that her husband has told her, including about his ex-wife, who she enlist in her revenge plans. There are some serious flaws with the plot, and the author never truly explains why Mia married this guy in the first place. The characters are charming, but not very well developed. I wish the author had not included the awkward sex scene with Max, it was completely out of place with the rest of the story. Even with its flaws, I found this to be an amusing little book for some light reading.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment