Thursday, April 2, 2015

A Sliver of Sun by Dianna Dorisi Winget

A Sliver of Sun (The Piper Lee DeLuna Series Book 2)A Sliver of Sun by Dianna Dorisi Winget
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this fun story about Piper Lee and her new step-sister Ginger. Piper Lee has a knack for getting into challenging situations, like keeping her Mama from eating soy beans so she will have a boy baby, and hatching a plan to get back at a class bully who is terrorizing her new step-sister. Piper Lee is a wonderful character for children's stories, she is both lovable and flawed, and her emotions are genuine and sweet. Although this book is a sequel, I did not read the first book in the series and felt that this book works well as a stand alone. I would highly recommend this sweet little children's story for all middle grade readers, especially for children who come from mixed or blended families.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment