Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Review: What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

What Alice ForgotWhat Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The main character Alice wakes up and realizes she has forgotten the last 10 years of her life. Although the beginning of the book felt somewhat confusing at first, I really enjoyed this book and I really wanted to keep reading to see if Alice would get her memory back. Alice deals with a failing marriage that she doesn't understand and three children that she doesn't even remember having. The relationship between Alice and her sister Elisabeth has also degraded in the past 10 years, as Elisabeth has dealt with struggles of infertility, but Alice's injury and memory loss not only bring them back together, but it actually helps Elisabeth come to terms with her own emotional struggles. Alice has to come to terms with the person she has become. Some of the dialogue is forced and I was frustrated at the authors choice for the ending (I won't spoil it for you) but overall I felt it was a good read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment