Friday, February 20, 2015

Book Review:Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent (Divergent, #1)Divergent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wish there was a 4.5 star rating available. I really enjoyed this dystopian young adult adventure, but not enough to give it a full 5 stars. The adventure begins with Tris, the main character, deciding which 'faction' of society she will choose to spend the rest of her life with. Tris is very conflicted about her choice, and the story follows Tris as she struggles through the initiation process of her new faction as she literally fights her way to a spot within the tough and brave "Dauntless' faction. I really enjoyed the relationships and characters in the story, including the inevitable love interest, although I think there were some characters that could have been developed even more. The story is engaging and moves along quickly. Without sharing a spoiler, I was slightly disappointed (as I usually am in any series of books) when the ending of the story doesn't feel resolved, forcing the reader to continue reading the books in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment