Thursday, January 8, 2015

Review: Come Along With Me by Linda Lee Schell

Come Along With Me (A Gracie Book Book 1)Come Along With Me by Linda Lee Schell
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book is described as a children's fantasy adventure, but I felt like the language was overly challenging for children and the story was confusing at times, and lacked any real character development. The fantasy elements were simplistic and uninteresting, and the adventure of the book was tedious and unexciting. Set in a farm, a little kangaroo like creature from another world develops a friendship with an abandoned cat and they must first figure out how to survive and then they have to protect a very unlikeable farmer from two rats bent on everyone's destruction. The author mixes overly simple kid language (Gracie has a pouch of 'get well stay well' magical stuff) with elaborate descriptions of Russia, where Gracie wants to visit, making the book feel disorganized. For me this story was very bland and the characters were dull. I had a hard time even finishing the story and I would not recommend this book for children or adults.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment