Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Stolen Focus: Why You Can't Pay Attention - And How to Think Deeply Again by Johann Hari

 

Stolen Focus: Why You Can't Pay Attention - And How to Think Deeply AgainStolen Focus: Why You Can't Pay Attention - And How to Think Deeply Again by Johann Hari
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I saw this book on a recommendation list and I am so glad I decided to read it. The author lays out an impeccably researched discussion of the myriad of ways our attention is being manipulated and affected by everything from social media algorithms to improper diet and lack of sleep. At times it can feel overwhelming because the problem is so vast, but knowledge is the key to solving anything and this book is full of knowledge to help understand the breadth and depth of the problem. I feel like this should be required reading for everyone, but especially parents.



No comments:

Post a Comment