Wednesday, March 15, 2017

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin

The Storied Life of A.J. FikryThe Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A.J Fikry is an interesting character, he is flawed and not entirely likeable, but there is something unique about him. The author does a tremendous job of introducing us to A.J. with all his quirks, and he ultimately becomes a very endearing character. This story looks at the themes of grief and loss as well as redemption and forgiveness, but it doesn’t labor over these themes in an obvious way. Each of the supporting characters add to the story, as they share a love of books and together they show us the importance of the people in our lives. As a self-confessed bibliophile I really enjoyed this book.

View all my reviews

4 comments:

  1. I read Gabrielle Zevin's young adult series Birthright (which takes place in a late 21st century New York City where chocolate is illegal-imagine!) and loved it. I had heard of this book but hadn't decided whether to pick it up. I will, now. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this book. Would definitely recommend it.

    ReplyDelete