Monday, September 19, 2016

The Light of Hidden Flowers by Jennifer Handford

The Light of Hidden FlowersThe Light of Hidden Flowers by Jennifer Handford
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Light of Hidden Flowers was a good story, although somewhat predictable. The book revolves around a bright, yet extremely introverted woman named Melissa Fletcher. Melissa had lived most of her life in the shadow of her very gregarious father, and as the story develops Melissa has to deal with her father's illness and untimely death. These events leave Melissa struggling to find meaning, as she re-evaluates her safe life and her decisions. The remainder of the story is Melissa's attempt to break out of the safe little box she has built for herself. While the main character is well developed, many of the minor characters seems one dimensional and stereotypical. Overall I did enjoy the book, but felt the writing was a bit stilted at times.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I love your reviews Laurie!! Sometimes a book comes at a specific time in our lives and I think this one did for me, I need to read it as I am at a crossroads and thinking I need to step out of my comfort zone!!

    ReplyDelete