Thursday, July 23, 2015

Country by Danielle Steel

CountryCountry by Danielle Steel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wish I could give this four and a half stars. This was a typical Danielle Steel novel, a cheesy love story, and it was very predictable and entirely unrealistic, but a fun beach read for the summer. One thing this book did very well was the portrayal of grief after a spouse dies. Danielle Steel gave a very accurate picture of the emotional roller coaster that a grieving widow goes through, and some of the common and very frustrating situations that happen after a spouse dies. The Country music star, Chase felt very one dimensional, but he was a likable character. I related well to the main character, Stephanie, but her search to find meaning seemed forced and not genuine. If you enjoy Danielle Steel novels, you will love this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment